About the Redbird FMX
REDBIRD FMX, FAA Approved AATD Simulator
We have 2 aircraft configurations available. Cessna 172 with a Garmin 530 and 430 GPS, KAP140 autopilot. This rents for $65/hr plus CFI and we have a Cessna 206 G-1000 with Garmin integrated autopilot that rents for $85/hr plus CFI.
Uses for Redbird
- The instrument proficiency check (IPC)
- Instrument rated pilots can stay instrument current. You can use the redbird FMX for your FAA mandated instrument currency requirements.
- For basic training maneuvers such as stalls, turns around a point, slow flight, GPS training, Autopilot training, G-1000 training and VOR tracking.
- Spin Training
- Emergency procedures: What is it like to fly with a pitot static system failure, vacuum pump failure, heavy turbulence and thunderstorms? The list is endless. This can all be done in the safety of the Redbird.
- IFR training. You can fly an approach into any airport in the world. You can fly in any weather conditions as well.
- You can practice a flight to a new destination. What better way to get practice before flying into the LAX class B corridors?
This is just a short list of things you can do in the Redbird. We do require a checkout before you can fly solo in the Redbird.